VW Foreign College Student Plan

By daviderickson | Posted in Finance on Thursday, February 25th, 2016 at 5:29 am

If you’re a Foreign College Student in Los Angeles Volkswagen has a plan just for you even if you don’t have a Social Security number or credit history in the United States (however any established credit must be in good standing with no previous derrogetory items).

This program is available to Foreign students currently enrolled in a 2 or 4-year accredited U.S. college or university pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctoral or Nursing (RN or LPN) degree. Under this program qualifying applicants may either finance or lease a new Volkswagen or finance a Certified Pre-Owned Volkswagen. The contract length however is limited to the to anticipated graduation date on the I-20 form.

To begin the approval process under the Foreign College Student plan please apply in-person or online at VW of Downtown Los Angeles.

Here’s a list of the required documentation that have ready:

  1. Current I-20 Form
  2. Copy of Visa (Types: F1 or J1)
  3. Copy of US Social Security Card (if you have one)
  4. Copy of 3-months of bank statements
  5. Contact Info for your school (typically Registrar’s info)
  6. Proof of address (lease agreement, utility bill, etc.)
  7. US Drivers License

It typically takes about 2-5 days for the approval process to be completed. The turn around time largely depends on how easy it was for VW Credit to verify with your school that you are currently enrolled.

If you have any questions please call or stop by today! Volkswagen of Downtown Los Angeles | 213-222-1296

*VW Foreign College Student Stipulations subject to change.

Tags: , , , ,

2 Responses to “VW Foreign College Student Plan”

  1. jiwon chung says:

    hi. this is Jiwon Chung. I am studying at the ESL course now. I came to US last year October 2017. and I went to Kaplan school for 7months and
    I moved to LA to transfer to UCLA. but the school will be started on September so until then I am studying at the LSI ESL school.
    I can give you my i-20 and I can give you my information. I want to know how can I lease the car for 2yrs at least. and I want to know how much I have to pay for lease every months. and your company can join with me about the insurance or not. Please let me know as soon as possible. and if you need cosigner I can ask to someone to get the car. Thank you. and please reply to me.

    Thank you

    213 425 9579

Leave a Reply